Xbox One Controller bluetooth can not pair again to Android 5.0 phone.

A

AC Question

So, here I am with my new controller of xbox one with bluetooth connection, which no longer lets me pair it back to a phone (Moto G TE) Android 5.0. Although at first if it was so. But after updating the controller firmware, wanting to pair it to the phone (Moto G TE) again indicates an error showing the following message "Could not pair with Xbox Wireless Controller because of an incorrect PIN or passkey"

I already did the process of unpairing and re-pairing, but the result is the same. I even did Clear Data and Clear Cache from Bluetooth Share and even made a Reset Factory on the phone and without success.

Is it possible that the phone has stored a controller bluetooth profile permanently? Try other alternative applications for bluetooth connection but do not even detect the controller.

The controller seems to work well, because pair it perfectly with other Android 4.4, Windows Mobile 10 and Windows 10 PCs in bluetooth connection.

Any solution? I am desperate because the controller was bought mainly to be able to use it with the phone.

Emanu526

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
That happens to me too, I tried with a Moto G 2013, Moto G 2015 dualsim and a Moto G Turbo Edition, all running Android 6.0, and the same messages appears, but with an Lg Magna running Android 5.1 it works (also with Win10). And when I report the issue to microsoft via twitter they reply that the controller is not intended to work with mobile devices.

You said that before updating your controller's firmware it worked, so maybe was the latest update the problem, I updated mine before trying with any Android device.