How to retrieve a saved text message on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus

stacyb139

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Dear Android Friends,

Please forgive my ignorance; this problem is totally confounding me. OK, my phone is the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. The app I use for text messaging is the Verizon Messages app (white text bubble with red background). Tonight I tried for the 1st time to save a text message. I found the message I wanted to save, held my finger on the touch screen until the little menu popped up, and then selected the "save messages" option. The next screen came up with the title "Save Conversations" up at the top. Lower down on the screen there was a box with a filename assigned by the Android- beginning with the prefix "msg-" and ending with the suffix "-vzm". Also, it gave me the option of selecting either "cancel" or "save". Of course I chose "save".

Now here is where it all gets sketchy. After choosing "save", the screen goes back to the "conversations" screen where all the current, non-deleted texts reside. A notification can be pulled down from the top of the screen- something to the effect of "messages have been saved successfully". OK, great. But...WHERE are they? I cannot find them in any file folder. Where do the saved texts go and how do I get to them? In my current case, a friend texted me some driving directions. I saved the text so I would always have it. Lo and behold, I cannot find the saved text anywhere and it's driving me crazy!!

Please, please, can anyone help me? If you know how to retrieve the saved texts, please instruct me, in a painstakingly slow and super specific manner, as I am quite dense when it comes to learning anything new in the world of technology. I am ever so grateful to you all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87