What is the Android System icon

A

AC Question

When doing a translation, a customer of mine showed me an Android System icon. It was green with a picture the looked like a pulley (there was a big silver wheel next to a smaller silver wheel with a band around them both). We saw several of these icons when on the Share With page.

rcrc001

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Cool, thanks. I had been searching for a while on this topic until I came across this forum. I have a couple of follow-up questions (your response may lead to a couple of more). What triggers these icons to appear? Why would a user need to share data with a system app?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure, but some of those System apps are Calendar, Google Drive, Clipboard, so I suppose it makes some kind of sense. Why they're not simply listed as separate Share options I don't know.
Anyways, welcome as a new member. :)

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've passed this on to more knowledgeable members.

Also, I've just Shared a translation to Clipboard, which was in one of those Android System options. After that, Clipboard appears as a Share option by itself. Nevertheless, I have Shared to Clipboard in the past, though not recently.

Last edited:

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
The symbol is the app icon for the application framwork-res.apk, found in /system/framework. Inside that apk is all of the resources the OS uses. It is one of the main apks to edit when modding or theming you Android OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87