HTC 10 Stuck In Airplane Mode

A

AC Question

my phone, upon turning airplane mode on, is stuck with it being on. i try to turn it off and it is stuck in a "turning off" state - allowing wifi to be used but not mobile data. i tried updating my phone to 2.38.617.6 in the hopes this would fix it but to no avail. i've seen this is a common problem with earlier htc phones ( through google searches ) but haven't found any working fixes or anyone reporting the problem with my model of phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you turning on Airplane Mode to turn off the whole cell radio (so that you can't make or receive calls), or just to turn off the mobile data? There's a toggle for the latter, so you could at least avoid this issue.

fustrated htc

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I'm also in the same boat. I have had htc's for years and never had an issue. I have had my HTC10 for a year now and I'm sick of it getting stuck on aeroplane mode. Says it's turning off but it won't! I need my phone and no-one seems to know how to get around the problem. If tried fixing in safe mode, turning on and off. Running the battery flat , etc however nothing has worked. The battery wouldn't last all day and when it did die and was recharged, aeroplane mode would kick in and not go off. Can anyone help me xx thank you xx

Anonymuss

Apr 25, 2019
Visit site
I have a related issue.:( I just pulled my HTC 10 out of my pocket, having checked less than three hours ago that WiFi, BlueTooth, and Mobile Network were all enabled. I noticed WiFi was off, opened Settings, and found that Airplane mode was now On (I'm sitting in my office, far from any airport, and hadn't been using my phone except to read some e-mail while riding the bus).

This is not an usual result. I'm not "on my phone" every hour (or, sometimes, every day), but I now go right to Settings when I open my phone to be sure I have services (and I'd guess that >10% of the time, services are turned off and/or Airplane Mode is turned on).

I tend to keep my phone reasonably charged. I've deliberately rebooted it about a week ago, checked for updates (it keeps downloading updates for all kinds of things), but this behavior persists. Driving me nuts.