External SD card readers , how do they work on a Huawei

A

AC Question

I want to download photos and videos from my Trap Camera in the field! I.e take out SD card from Camera, put into an External 'Card Reader + HUB' plug into my mobile. It dosnt even light up let alone transfer the photos (if I plug reader into a power source it lights up)
So is it not compatable or do I need an app ?
Thanks

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Great Question.

Just so everyone knows, one could be using 2 different formats when attempting to swap an SD card from one device to another as you've mentioned above. Because of these differences.. you may not be able to transfer images so easily. Sure the image may read that it's a .JPG but can't cross from one system to another based on the difference in formats. Also with swapping like this.. one may corrupt the images or contaminate the SD card during the transfer process.

However, if your camera is wifi/wireless compatible, you can force images to and from one device to another. In other words smart phone have limited capabilities/options when transferring data or images wireless. If you had a laptop/table which has been expanded to suit these types of transfers.. One would then need a power/USB cord to make the connection. Yet if you're allowed access to a wifi/wireless table view your mobile phone.. you can attempt the transfer in this manor.

Lastly, there are SD cards called EyeFi which can be used as an on board wireless/wifi system within your camera to send images to other devices for storage. However these are paid servers and require activation. Otherwise swapping SD card etc.. isn't impossible, but would require exploring both of your devices or even added a few bridge type devices in order to make the transfer successful.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Dumbfounder

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Thankyou
My Phone is Huawei Y635

No idea about any tech stuff, sorry, just thought the external reader (supposedly compatable with this phone) I could slot the SD card into it and , then plug that into phone and see or upload photos that way....as I will be out in the field and do not want to have to come home and put on a lap top ?

OTG not sure what that is , how do i know if this is in the phone...please ?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thankyou
My Phone is Huawei Y635

No idea about any tech stuff, sorry, just thought the external reader (supposedly compatable with this phone) I could slot the SD card into it and , then plug that into phone and see or upload photos that way....as I will be out in the field and do not want to have to come home and put on a lap top ?

OTG not sure what that is , how do i know if this is in the phone...please ?

Something like this will work.

Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter; SD/Micro SD Card Reader with standard USB Male & Micro USB Male Connector for Smartphones/Tablets with OTG Function https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CNYDQW...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5673580

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non