Why do I get please sign in to your account message on YouTube app?

A

AC Question

Today my YT app started to act strangely and refuse to sign in with my account and saying please sign in to complete this action or similar. I also noticed that on my Nexus 5x Google Now is not also working properly as it says connection time out. Other google connected apps seem to work ok (maps, chrome, photos, google play store). If you have some kind of solution or solved this kind or similar problem please answer. Tnx.

Wavorly

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my HTC One M7 (Android version 5.0.2) on the Youtube app (12.05.53).
"Please sign in to complete this action"
I've sent a mail to Google about it. If I get any respons I will come back and add it to this post.

Wavorly

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I've tried the troubleshooting steps they provided:
https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/3219097?hl=en
  1. Clear your app’s cache. You can do this by navigating to Settings > Apps > YouTube (it may be found under the All tab) > Clear data.
  2. If the issue persists, try uninstalling updates on your YouTube app. Navigate to the Settings > Apps or Application manager (this may differ depending on your device). Tap the YouTube app and select Uninstall updates. If you don't see this option, you may not have any updates to uninstall.
  3. Upgrade to the latest version of the YouTube app.
But these didn't work.
I also sent them a mail trough the YouTube App -> Help & Feedback (I can't find the exact option in here, but it was an email with a screenshot that showed the message we are getting and information about my device and the app). I noticed a little later that in chrome I had to sign in back to my account because there where some changes made to it. After that it worked to me.