Why is my A5 2017 camera not good as my old one?

A

AC Question

I replaced a broken LG G5 with a brand new Galaxy A5 2017. I was told the 16MB camera is amazing but ever since I got it, I am VERY unhappy with it. It produces results FAR worse than my LG G5 camera (which my photographer husband says is of less quality, on paper).
Is there a setting we are unaware of?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, can you tell us what about the photo quality is worse? Is it blurry, or are the low light shots bad, or something else?

If it's blurry, make sure the phone didn't come with a protective plastic film on the camera lens that's supposed to be removed.

Remember that there are a number of different camera module manufacturers, and they all range in quality. Some are much better than others, and this goes beyond just how many megapixels they are. Also, the camera software can be just as important.

Another difference is that the LG G5 used a laser focus mechanism, which gives you better and quicker focusing, while the A5 uses conventional focus.

theduck279

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
B. Thank you for the reply.
The photos taken with the G5 were clearer and sharper. I guess the laser focus mechanism, as you pointed, is part of the issue. Software (you also mentioned) can also be of blame...
Since I have two of those phones (one for my wife one for me), I installed Open Camera on my phone and will test it, to check software issues...
Will let you know.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress