For about the past week, I've been getting regular sign-in errors on my phone for my google account (I guess!). This appears to be some kind of auto logon for the account. When I attempt to logon, it gives me a screen with the google account email address filled in and no password filled in. No password that I try ever works. Could be right or wrong; I don't remember.

This phone, an LG Optimus G, is over 4 years old. I haven't changed anything, but can no longer access Google Play store and had to create a whole new profile for that, though it worked fine maybe about a month ago when last accessed. Gmail is still accessible and works fine. Not sure why errors have suddenly started occurring from out of nowhere and account password disappeared, but no matter how often I clear each error, 5-10 minutes later there's another. I'm going out of my mind!

Thanks in advance.
    03-12-2017 11:32 AM
    I received a new message today that was dated yesterday. (2017, not last year or anything.) It welcomes me and mentions my "shiny new phone." My phone is a little over 4 years old. HUH?

Editing for clarity: the alert for this message just appeared a little while ago today, so though it was sent yesterday, it didn't give an alert until today, which is how I found it, via the alert. HUH?
    03-12-2017 04:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That sounds a bit suspicious. Can you show us what the email looks like? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. It might be a phishing scam, designed to trick you into revealing your password.

EDIT: I merged your two similar threads together. When you say that you created a whole new profile on the phone, do you mean that you created a new Google account?

One thing to try is go to Settings>Accounts, select your Google account, tap Menu, then Remove Account. After that's done, go through the process of adding your Google account, making sure you enter the correct credentials. Does the same problem happen again?
    03-13-2017 01:27 AM
    Thank you! I can't show the email in a screenshot until later...need to edit first to remove email address. From what I can tell the email looks legit, though won't know for sure until at computer. I tried to forward the email to computer yesterday, but it didn't work, so sent it again today. If it IS a phishing attempt, they'll have trouble getting good info, as I can't remember password to google account, anyway!

I'm afraid to log out of google since I can't remember the password.
    03-13-2017 10:47 AM
    03-13-2017 02:00 PM