Why won't my Google Now cards load?

A

AC Question

About a month ago, my the Google cards stopped loading. All I get is a "Failed to load cards" error message. My applications still notify me when I have new cards available (I.e. weather widget will notify me that I have new cards). The widget works, but when I click on the notification to see the cards, I get the above error message.

Anyone having a similar issue? Know how to fix it?

I know that Google is discontinuing the Google Now Launcher, but I thought that would just mean that it wouldn't get any updates.

matmath

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
You have to clean Google app data.
1 - Settings » Apps. » "Google app"
2 - Open its App info page.
3 - On Storage » Clear Cache.
4 - Then click on Manage Space.
5 - Click on the Clear All Data button.
Reboot.

Buster Thomas

May 6, 2017
Visit site
You don't have to Clear All Data, as that option seems to clear the launch data as well, which is Home Screen layout according to the info on that page. I just cleared the Google Search Data, the top option on my Nexus 5X, and that solved the problem. I had this problem when I updated the phone to the May 2017 security patch.

Gavin Alexander

May 6, 2017
Visit site
You don't have to Clear All Data, as that option seems to clear the launch data as well, which is Home Screen layout according to the info on that page. I just cleared the Google Search Data, the top option on my Nexus 5X, and that solved the problem. I had this problem when I updated the phone to the May 2017 security patch.

Thank you, this worked perfectly! Mine also stopped during the first part of May however I no longer receive security patches.

mobin hunxai

May 6, 2017
Visit site
Where can I find the Google search data?

TJ DFC Adams

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Mine is having trouble loading only after I cleared​ my search history. I've tried restarting my phone and just about everything else I normally do when these types of things happen. Any suggestions would help. Thanks in advance.

Malaki420

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
About a month ago, my the Google cards stopped loading. All I get is a "Failed to load cards" error message. My applications still notify me when I have new cards available (I.e. weather widget will notify me that I have new cards). The widget works, but when I click on the notification to see the cards, I get the above error message.

Anyone having a similar issue? Know how to fix it?

I know that Google is discontinuing the Google Now Launcher, but I thought that would just mean that it wouldn't get any updates.

Malaki420

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
I have been getting the exactly like same message*Failed to load Cards". But also I have been unable to use Google Voice commands to search for things or just simply type in a question for google isn't working at all. I just updated the App about 10 min ago. Today is Friday, June 9th, 2017 @ 10:59 am CST.