Android Device Manager not working at all?

A

AC Question

Hey guys,

How do I lock my phone remotely with Android Device Manager? When I try to lock it from google.com/android/devicemanager, a black screen with "Locked by A. Dev. Manager" appears on the phone but it is not locked at all. I can simply dismiss the screen by pressing Home button.

Moreover, the black screen appears everytime I wake the phone and I can't get rid of it.

It's a Redmi 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Newguy235

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you lock the phone remotely, does it also ask you to create a password for the lock?

Yup, I set a password. However right after that there's a message the password wasn't set because the phone already has a lockscreen password. Which is not true, I don't use any fingerprint/PIN lock whatsoever.

To be fair, the Xiaomi Cloud remote lock works great as a replacement. At least, they provided an alternative but I'm still curious why this happens.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this happening while you're also using the Xiaomi Cloud remote lock? That might be causing a conflict.

Otherwise, ADM should be allowing you to create a new screen lock password remotely, since you only have it set to Swipe Only.

Newguy235

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
No, I only enabled Xiaomi Cloud after I discovered ADM didn't work. Before that, ADM was disabled.

However, as Xiaomi Cloud works and serves the purpose, I consider this issue resolved. Thanks very much for the replies!

It's a month I migrated from Windows 10 Mobile. I loved the system for it's simplicity, however the app store situation was no longer bearable. Apart from zero apparent commitment from MS that were the reasons to move to a different platform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38