New Battery​, But Still Having Bad Battery Life!?

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
So I just got my Samsung Galaxy S6 back from Samsung Repair. I paid $70.31 to get my battery replaced. They did determine that the battery was done & needed to be replaced. They said they replaced it. But, my battery still last for about 10 hours then dies. But here's the kicker, if I'm on it, it will die in 6-5 hours with only 2 hours of screen on time. I've checked for rouge apps and I can't find any. Though the Android OS does seem very high. Any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated! :)

(P.S. Seems that today I got an extra hour of SOT. Maybe the battery just needs to be broke in?)

Attachments

• 1077.jpg
    1077.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: New Batter, But Still Having Bad Battery Life!?

Apologies if you've already gone through this, but it'd help to see more battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Last edited:

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have to post each separate, because the app doesn't post all if I group them together. (I have no idea why. I thought that issue was corrected with an Android Central update?)

Attachments

• 1108.jpg
    1108.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Can you also show the graph in GSam that plots the cell signal strength along with the battery level? The 10% time without signal in Cell Standby suggests that your cell signal is poor or absent for some of the time, which can contribute significantly to battery drain.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The cell signal looks pretty mediocre to poor. There are only a couple of brief spikes to High, so I'd suspect that poor cell signal is a big factor for you. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about that besides switch to a new carrier. If your signal at home is poor, you could check with your carrier to see if they offer signal boosters, and how much they cost. T-Mobile provides them for free.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm just gonna stick it out. I have Boost Mobile & for some odd reason something in my house blocks my signal. But, I'll be moving back to California this summer where Sprint has better coverage. Thanks for the suggestions!! 😊

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty