All my saved files from microsoft word app on android phone are gone

A

AC Question

All my saved files from microsoft word app on android phone that are located in my device storage(offline) are gone, except the file i recently edited from one drive which is saved online. I couldn't find the files anywhere from the device. Please is there a way to recover them? Those files are very important to me. I've already tried microsoft services but told me to direct the problem to you instead since you might be able to resolve this issue. Thank you very much.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Android Central is not an affiliate of Google. We are a group of users who like to talk about Android devices. I'm guessing Microsoft was trying to direct you to Google?

As for your question: recovering data can be quite difficult. When a file is deleted, it is still there, but marked to be overwritten. As you add data to the device, those files are written over and then that data is truly gone. Adding data can be as simple as updating your apps, downloading new ones, etc.

How long ago did this happen? You can try a PC program to possibly recover the lost data, but the longer you delay, the more data is lost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699