I am losing contacts in my android phone one by one.

A

AC Question

I don't know what is happening to my contacts. Some of the numbers just keep disappearing. Instead a same contact is appearing 3 times in my list. When i open whatsapp i see some of the chats have numbers not name that the time i realise that i have lost that person's number. If that number wasn't store in my chat i wouldn't have realised that i have lost some of my contacts. This is pathetic you trust google with ur contact list and they delete some of your contacts. Wtf is going on.... If this is happening to someone else also please tell me what to do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? How are you entering the contacts in the first place, and are you sure you're entering them into your Google account? When you enter a new contact using the Contacts app, check which account it defaults to -- some phones default to the local Phone account, which doesn't sync automatically to your Google account. Make sure it's set to your Google account.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As I suggested in my previous post above, it might not be a Google problem if the contacts in question were not saved to your Google account in the first place, but instead to some other account (like the local Phone account). Pay close attention to which account seems to be losing the contacts -- this might give more clues as to what's going on.