Timer app pausing when screen locks

A

AC Question

Open your clock app. Tab over to timer. Set your time to count down. Make note of the time when your screen locks. Unlock and look at time and it will be on the same time as when the screen locked. The timer pauses until you unlock the screen. Using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8 plus with nougat 1.0

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Works okay for me, locked screen, had timer notification on AOD screen. Touched that, unlocked and time had continued to count down. Truthfully, if I need a timer I tell Ok Google to set it and have not had a problem. I have the same phone only with nougat 7.0 :)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

NoJolt4u

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Seeing this happen on my phone too. I had to install a secondary timer because it was too unreliable when I was timing soccer matches. Nothing worse than having to ask a parent to run their IPHONE timer because yours isnt working.

detroitechno

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
I just registered to comment on this...

I've been having all sorts of problems with the nougat timer not going off.

Just now, I set a set a (ok google) timer for 20 minutes for something that required exactly 20 minutes.

I went to check the time and my phone was locked and the timer was not running. I opened the timer and it was paused at 16 minutes and xx seconds?!

Just ran a 20 minute test and it completed but the display dimmed and did not fully shut off for the duration of the timer which also ate 4% of my battery.

That's where I'm at.