I deleted /storage/emulated/0 folder and my data is gone

A

AC Question

I have an andoid 5.1 phone, and I connected it to my computer. When I connect it to the computer the phone gives me three options.... Photos, Files, USB Drive.
It says if no mode is selected the device will only be charged.
I had "files" selected.
My phone then showed up as "MT2L03"
When I click "MT2L03" I get "Internal storage" and "SD card"
I was in the internal storage deleted things I didn't need anymore... anyways I meant to select a folder I waned to delete, but I got click happy and stupidly deleted a folder called "emulated" or something. Then I got a message saying something about the device wasn't responding. It seemed to be responding though....
Anyways my pictures, music, etc aren't showing up now.
Is there a way to restore that "emulated" folder or whatever and fix it?
My texts and call logs are intact. Just no pictures, music, videos, etc.
Please help!
I have a windows 10 laptop and am comfortable using a data recovery program, or downloading something on the phone or something.
The phone isn't rooted.
I didn't mean to delete that folder, I meant to delete one next to it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! /storage/emulated/0 is essentially your entire data directory. Every other folder that the user can use is a subdirectory (like /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera, or /storage/emulated/0/Music). I'm afraid you might be stuck, since you'd have to root the phone in order to recover deleted files on Internal Storage: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...os/500142-guide-recovering-deleted-files.html

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
Hello B. Diddy thank you so much for you fast response, it does mean a lot to me.
So is it a huge ordeal that I deleted that directory?
Is it possible just to restore that folder or whatever, then everything else go back to how it was... or is that way too much hope?
I have rooted an android phone before, but it's been a while.
It was a samsung galaxy s4.
The phone we're talking about it a Huawei Ascend Mate 2 the model is MT2-L03 however it's running android 5.1... not 4.4 or whatever. Huawei shortly released a public update and I downloaded and installed it. So it's not an official update from the carrier, but it's an update from Huawei. Help me root it please??

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have any rooting experience -- you could look in the forums at XDA-developers.com, which is a good resource for that sort of thing. But the process of rooting will probably also overwrite at least some of the deleted data, so even if you were successful, you may not be able to get all of your data back.

See if this guide is helpful: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...os/500142-guide-recovering-deleted-files.html

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have any rooting experience -- you could look in the forums at XDA-developers.com, which is a good resource for that sort of thing. But the process of rooting will probably also overwrite at least some of the deleted data, so even if you were successful, you may not be able to get all of your data back.

See if this guide is helpful: [Guide] Recovering Deleted Files - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Hello, sorry for the delayed response. I FINALLY got root access to my phone.
First the bootloader was locked, so I had to unlock that by using a program called "15 Second ADB Installer v1.4.3"
Then I had to get the unlock code for the bootloader... which Huawei has at a website at https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin/unlock/index but you have to have an account.
So I did that, got the unlock code, typed a few commands via the command prompt, then finally got the bootloader unlocked.

Then I spent two hours or so looking for an app that I could use either on my windows 10 laptop, or directly on the phone to root it.
I tried one click root, which didn't work.
I also tried towelroot which didn't work.
I then tried king root, again... didn't work.
I tried a few others but they didn't work.
I tried kingoroot... the phone version which didn't work. I then saw they have a pc version.
So I downloaded kingoroot to my laptop, installed it, connected my phone, then it kept saying downloading files or prerequisites or something.
In the end it finally rooted it in under 10 mins.
I verified root status through an app named "Root Checker" by Joey Krim.
It says "Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device!"
Device: MT2L03
Android Version 5.1

So now that I jumped through a whole bunch of bs loops to get the phone rooted what do I do now?

I have taken the sd card out of the phone the day I accidentally deleted the wrong folder.
I meant to delete a folder named "evernot" not anything named "emulated"
But they were next to one another, and I selected the wrong one.

Anyways some of the filetypes I'd like to look for are video... I think it was .3gp format
Texts would be nice but not required.
I don't need my call logs.
Pictures would be nice, I know I had some .gif and a lot of .jpg or .jpeg
I had either .mp3 or .mp4
I also had some .apk files.

What apps can I run on my computer to scan for these files on my phone AND the sd card?
Or are there apps I can put on the phone that'll scan both those areas?
Thank you by the way

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
I did get a lot of files back using different free programs such as recuva, pandora recovery, wise data recovery, etc.
There is one specific file I'm looking for, it's an .mp4 file, it's a video of me holding a tarantula. I know the data that it was recorded also.
But I can't seem to find a program that is able to find it......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87