Gaps are appearing on Mp3s/Wavs on sdCard in my android device

doakes12348

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone,

There is a weird occurrence happening to a handful of mp3s/wavs on my sdcard. (this is currently inside my Samsung A3)

Regardless of player (poweramp, vlc etc), the song will get stuck and stutter at a particular point in the song (always in the same place).
It is as if a gap has suddenly appeared in the middle of the mp3, as I am able to skip past this "stutter" point and continue the song (If i am quick enough)
Most of the time, the player will try to play past this "stutter" point, but in the end it'll give up and move on to the next song.

I have checked the mp3 file via the file manager and there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the file from a glance (size and duration all look OK).

When i try to copy the file from the sdcard onto my laptop, it will only copy up until the stutter point. (eg. if the stutter/gap appears at the 1 minute mark for a 3min song, only the 1 minute will get copied over to the laptop.)
This has also happened to some wav files on the sdcard.

Has anyone had any similar issues like this? How do i solve this?

Thanks for any advice.

doakes12348

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone, Ive browsed some similar threads and have taken the advice to run a chkdsk

i inserted the sdcard into my laptop (it has a slot for micro sd cards, pretty cool) and run a chkdsk on the sd card drive.

There are no errors or bad sectors :/.

Any idea why this might be happening?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried refreshing one of the broken files? I would guess there's a failed sector on the SD card, but with chkdsk saying its okay, not sure. Unless those files were damaged prior to being copied to the SD.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38