Galaxy S8 Active vs Pixel 2 ?

Gimpzor

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone. First of all, if this is in the wrong spot I greatly apologize.

With that being said, it is time for me to get ready to purchase a new phone, as my Google Nexus 6 is on it's last leg. It has been paid off for some time now, but I can't justify spending almost $200 to get the screen fixed, plus it is having issues with the battery.

Now then, on to my question. I have been watching new and upcoming phones for a while, and I think my pick for my next phone will be between the Galaxy S8 active, or the Pixel 2.

The galaxy S8 active rocks a Snapdragon 835, Adreno 540, 4 GB of ram, and a Whopping 4000 mAh battery. The ruggedness of this phone and the 4000 mAh battery really stand out to me.

But, the next question is, should I try to hold out and see what the pixel 2 brings to the table? I am a photographer at heart, and I can't help but think that the pixel 2 will have the same hardware as the S8 (unless it comes with the Snapdragon 836 SoC), but possibly beat it in the camera department. ( the S8 only features a single lens camera.

With all that being said, what is your guys opinion? Is the camera on the S8 active really good? And will the hardware on the Pixel 2 more than likely be the same as the S8 in terms of CPU and GPU? I'm really torn here, but not sure if my current phone will last until the pixel 2 unveiling and release date.

Thanks in advance
~Gimpzor

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch