Samsung J2 Prime - Factory reset without google password?

bbhastag

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I have a family member that essentially bricked his phone by doing a "factory reset"
but he does not know his google password. The phone is stuck at google setup, recognizing that the phone was reset.

He does not know this password, nor did he set up any secondary verification.

The phone is on my Tmobile account (that I activated). Is there any way to recover the phone or perhaps root it? The people at the Tmobile store basically told me its bricked because of this "safety feature".

I've gone through all of the recovery options... He doesnt even remember which email he used, though I'm pretty sure I know which one. He's an old person and doesnt get technology at all. The only thing im sure on is when the Google account was created, but that apparently isn't enough.

I see that there are a number of ROM's out there, but I cannot enter the developer option since the phone is stuck in google setup.

Is there any way to fix this or is this phone essentially a paperweight?

edit: not sure how to respond to your reply. Yes, this is user error... old person user error.

Account recovery was unsuccessful. I do not have enough of the correct details.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

First, any bricking would not be due to the safety feature, but to the forgetting of the password....in other words, because of the user, not Google.

Have you tried Google Account Recovery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress