Screen flickers black after water accident

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I got my phone wet, but not too much it was working all fine, but after half an hour after it got wet, i plugged the charger in(totally forgot my phone got wet) and after a minute my screen faded to black, and since that the phone is working but flickers black, but the strange thing is it flickers on some colors, for eg on messenger (mostly white background) it doesn't flickers but if i play video or see photo with a lot od colors it flickers and turns all black after few seconds. What's the solution?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well it's probably WAY too late, BUT you should have immediately powered off the phone, and then dried it. This is done in a couple ways, the easiest thing to do is to just get a bag of uncooked rice, OR silica (used in shipping and storage), and stick the phone in it for 24 to 48 hours. Another option is to use pure alcohol, you may be able to get it at a hardware store, BUT it's tough to find, you need better than the 86% isopropyl. Look for 99%. Clean the phone with it, this will help get the water out, PLUS it will evaporate quickly. STILL do not use the phone for a while again 24 hours is best. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non