Help please!!!!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

My phone has been inaccessible for several weeks. I have tried to reset my phone and many other things. Nothing has worked.

The moment it turns on, this message comes up.

"Warning!!!

A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications.

If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key.
Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel.

Volume Up: Continue
Volume Down: Cancel (restart phone)"

What can I do?

Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? It looks like it's booting into Download Mode, which might happen if the Vol Down button is stuck in a pressed state (at least on Samsung phones).

getangry

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
It just stays on that screen and then turns off. I have tried the usual reboot of holding down the volume up, home and power button, the screen above comes up.

Yes, it always "starts" at the same screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You don't have a custom OS -- you're on the screen that allows you to download a custom OS ROM for installation. This is called Download Mode, aka Odin Mode, and is usually reached by powering on with the Power and Vol Down buttons pressed. If the Vol Down button is faulty and stuck in a pressed state, the phone might think that every time you boot up, you're trying to get into Download Mode. You probably have to bring it to a repair shop to see if the button needs to be repaired or replaced.

getangry

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
Well, I HAVE to say, THANK YOU!!!!

I went to the Verizon store, and they were no help. So, I did the simply thing that you said, and the phone WORKS!!!!!!!!
your forum.
I will tell EVERYONE about the success I had using.

Again, THANK YOU!!!!