I'm trying to transfer photos from my phone to my PC.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The computer recognizes the internal storage, and i'm able to locate the DCIM folder, but my computer only shows a .thumbnails subfolder, instead of the Camera subfolder that has my images. How can I get this folder to appear on my computer?

Oct 22, 2017
Visit site
Does it have a sd card inserted?
- If yes, then try the SD card folder besides the internal storage

Is your phone in MTP mode?
- If no, then change it when it pops up in the notification

Is there no MTP mode?
- If yes, then does it have mass storage option?

Is your phone unlocked?
- If not, then unlock the phone, since having it locked will not let you access some or most of the files in the phone

clb41657

Oct 22, 2017
Visit site
I've tried it in both 'MTP' and 'PTP' both show the DCIM folder, but neither contains the 'Camera' subfolder that contains images. Same issue when phone is locked/unlocked. I don't believe there is a sd card inserted.

Oct 22, 2017
Visit site
Alright, then try disconnecting, restarting your phone, opening up a file browser app on your phone(if you have one, if not, get one from google play) and check the folder. If you find it and there are the photos, try copy and pasting it into a different folder that fully shows on the computer(and that won't affect any app). If they are not there, then try locating them by going to gallery and checking the photo's advanced info(or just "info"). The photo should have a file path.

If everything is in the camera subfolder and the above methods do not work, then try installing the phone's drivers on the computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa