Can't format SD-card after android phone (Moto G3).

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So, I used my SD-card (Samsung EVO+ 16GB) as internal storage in my Moto G3 until one day it stops working. I've tried to format it but with no success, so I've decided to reset my phone. It doesn't help as well. I was managed to connect it to my computer via card-reader and SD-adapter and it has all my files in it and working fine, except I can't format it.

When I try to format it on my phone it says "command '18 volume partition disk:179,64 public' failed with 'null'", and on PC it says "The disk is write protected.".

I've tried a lot of solutions from the internet, but nothing helped. Any ideas please?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since critical apps may be sitting on the card, you can't format it, or you may brick the phone. If you take the card out of the phone (turn it off first) you'll see what happens to the phone. If it still works, put the card, not the phone, into the PC (you may have to get an adapter) and format it. Then install it in the phone as "portable storage" instead of "adoptable storage", so you don't have the same problem again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87