I was wondering if any of you experienced this wifi connection problem on s7.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

say, my s7 is connected to wifi. I walk away far enough to disconnect from wifi. when i get back to the place, it does not connect right away. i have to turn the screen on first and then it reconnects. there must be something wrong with this. my friend's phone (oppo) just connects without turning the screen on.

anyone who is experiencing this? solution?

Tim2790

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
So you said earlier on this thread that yours works the same way, right? If s7 really works this way then i would not worry, but if only few experience this, it should call for a fix.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I honestly do not recall having this issue when I had the S7, and I just tried it (you made me walk, shame on you! haha) on the Note 8 and a friend's S8, and they both re-connect just fine with the screen off. Is your phone from any carrier in particular? Some bugs are carrier-specific... And again, although it's been mentioned before, make sure that there aren't any battery-saving apps/features that might be conflicting with the WiFi state. (If on, try switching Adaptive Switching or whatever it's called on the S7... the feature that jumps to mobile data if your WiFi isn't up to par).

Tim2790

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I really really appreciate the help. I'm actually in Vietnam right now and I do hope this is just a connection issue and that there is nothing wrong with my phone.

I've done all possible workaround, but everything was in vain.

I still believe samsung makes reliable phones.

Tim2790

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
As what I've understood, you tweaked something to achieve that, right? But mine is behaving this way by default.

It is so weird that a flagship phone works this way unless it is malfunctioning I suppose.