Touch becomes unresponsive few seconds after opening

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Lenovo z2 plus whose bootloader I recently unlocked, installed twrp, installed viper os (android - 7.1.2) and rooted it. whenever I try to use my phone (since the last evening) , the touch works for about 2 seconds and then stops working(every time) . I was thinking it might be a software/rom issue but when I close the Screen and before opening I keep my thumb at the portion near the front camera/speaker part pressed and then open the phone, then the touch works fine till I remove my thumb from there. When I remove my thumb, then again the touch stops working. Then to make the touch work for more than 2 sec again , I need to shut the screen off and do the thumb thing again. Due to this I'm thinking this might be a hardware issue but it were a hardware issue, then why does the touch stop working exactly about after 2 seconds without the thumb thing and touch starts working every time I open the screen with the thumb thing again till the time I remove it . And due to that timing thing it seems like it might be a software issue. All the other buttons are working perfectly. I really don't want the factory reset the phone till it's really necessary due to all the data and stuff. Can anyone please tell me what the problem is and how to fix it.

Thanks,
Manan

Moxie_Dr

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
I have a Lenovo z2 plus whose bootloader I recently unlocked, installed twrp, installed viper os (android - 7.1.2) and rooted it. whenever I try to use my phone (since the last evening) , the touch works for about 2 seconds and then stops working(every time) . I was thinking it might be a software/rom issue but when I close the Screen and before opening I keep my thumb at the portion near the front camera/speaker part pressed and then open the phone, then the touch works fine till I remove my thumb from there. When I remove my thumb, then again the touch stops working. Then to make the touch work for more than 2 sec again , I need to shut the screen off and do the thumb thing again. Due to this I'm thinking this might be a hardware issue but it were a hardware issue, then why does the touch stop working exactly about after 2 seconds without the thumb thing and touch starts working every time I open the screen with the thumb thing again till the time I remove it . And due to that timing thing it seems like it might be a software issue. All the other buttons are working perfectly. I really don't want the factory reset the phone till it's really necessary due to all the data and stuff. Can anyone please tell me what the problem is and how to fix it.

Thanks,
Manan

Good day Manan. Please, we're you able to figure out the issue? I'm having the exact same problem. Just tried doing the thumb thing, and it worked just like you mentioned, then stops following that.
Any ideas on what I could do?