Can't delete Google account.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I only add a Google account to my Samsung X Cover 4 when I log into the play store to update apps every few months.
I immediately remove the account as soon as I'm done updating.
I run the phone without a Google account active and do not sync anything to Google.
Today when I tried to remove the Google account it popped up a message saying I had to do a factory reset to remove the account because "some apps require the account to run".
How do I get this account off the phone without resetting?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
One of the updates you installed added a component to the app that ties it to your account and requires that the account remain on the device. Which app that is, and what capability of the app is forcing this, is anyone's guess.

I can understand your desire to operate the way you do, but it's definitely not the way Android is intended to operate. Android is designed around maintaining a Google account on the device.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Googlesucks2

Dec 17, 2017
Visit site
Hey. I started this thread.
The only app I updated was the Facebook app which is native to the phone. I can't delete it.
However, every time I do go to the play store Google updates itself without my permission and I can't open the download tab to stop it.
I have never left a Google account active on any phone I've ever had.
I've disabled the Facebook app but, still can't remove the Google account.
Resetting the phone is pointless, Google will just pull the bs as soon as I go to replace the apps.
Does anyone know a way to remove the account?

Googlesucks2

Dec 17, 2017
Visit site
I saw mention on a different site of someone using "yalp" to get apps and, updates.
The article got far too technical for me(lol) but, it sounded like that acted as a buffer between his phone and the play store so that he didn't need a Google account to access the store.
Could I:
1,reset my phone
2, get y'all from droid
3, replace apps from Google play using yalp?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez