My samsung galaxy A7 2017 stops charging at 92 and dies quickly to 91 after around 20 minutes

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am using samsung galaxy a7 2017 for 6 months now. I noticed how that whenever my phone is charging. It charges till 92 at a normal rate but then it stops charging for 5 whole minutes. Then it goes up to 93 . After 3 minutes it rises up to 94. But then suddenly it drops down to 91. Hence my phone can't charge all the way to 100%. Any tips?? Do you think I need to change my non-removable Li-ion battery .
P.s. I tried to wipe my cache partition. But there was no use.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Leave the charger plugged in overnight, and see if it's at 100% in the morning. If not, you probably need a new battery. (If you regularly allow the battery to get very low before charging, you can kill a new battery in a few months. Lithium batteries are not deep discharge batteries (which the manufacturers don't tell you about - battery replacement is a high profit thing). Never let the battery go below 40% before recharging it. (If you can't get to a charger and don't have a power pack, turn the phone off. The battery doesn't care how much you need the phone on.)

If overnight charging fixes the problem, you're done ... except. The way we measure battery percentage is by the voltage on the battery. That's fine when the phone is on and there's no charger connected. But to force current into the battery, the charging voltage has to be higher than the battery voltage, so at the moment the phone says "100%", the battery is probably at about 98%. Leave the charger plugged in for another 30 minutes to get the battery up to a real 100% charge.

Rranhh

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Leave the charger plugged in overnight, and see if it's at 100% in the morning. If not, you probably need a new battery. (If you regularly allow the battery to get very low before charging, you can kill a new battery in a few months. Lithium batteries are not deep discharge batteries (which the manufacturers don't tell you about - battery replacement is a high profit thing). Never let the battery go below 40% before recharging it. (If you can't get to a charger and don't have a power pack, turn the phone off. The battery doesn't care how much you need the phone on.)

If overnight charging fixes the problem, you're done ... except. The way we measure battery percentage is by the voltage on the battery. That's fine when the phone is on and there's no charger connected. But to force current into the battery, the charging voltage has to be higher than the battery voltage, so at the moment the phone says "100%", the battery is probably at about 98%. Leave the charger plugged in for another 30 minutes to get the battery up to a real 100% charge.

I tried charging it till it reached 100% . It worked out . Then the other day I was faced by the same issue so I decided to turn it off . And now when I am charging the problem still exists.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty