My photos have disappeared during transfer

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Since August, my LG Spirit 4G (6.0, Kernel 3.10.49) has decided that it wants to save any pictures or videos I make on the device itself, not the SD card. I didn't realize this till today, when an app wanted to update but it didn't have room to do so.

So I plugged by phone in via USB and found the images in the DCIM/Camera folder using Windows file explorer. Stupidly, I decided to select the images and hit cut, instead of copy, so they were now transparent in Windows File Explorer (that means they will be moved, not just copied).

I start the transfer. Windows states "copying 20171225-1.jpg" when suddenly, I get a error message. Which is useless because the message is blank, but I check the phone and the photos have gone - I check where the photos are being transferred to - Not there. I check Windows recycle bin - Not there and I even google the problem and find this site which tells me to find "LOST.DIR". Nothing there either.

I now fear that the images might be lost forever - There was enough room for the app update to occur (because it automatically happened).

But could the images be elsewhere in the OS?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Chances are that they were overwritten by the app when it updated. This is why I always recommend copy/paste/delete, rather than cut/paste. If a copy goes wrong, you still have the original.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo