Why is my Mate 10 kills my apps as soon as open another one?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was using an iPhone 5 for 5 years, always was able to multitask in it, open an app then open another and have the first one keep running on the same page in the background. It got outdated so i decided to get a new phone. I bought this Mate 10 TODAY, and based on the solutions i found for this problem, it seems like my phone is having a RAM management problem. Is that true? I hope it's not because this shouldn't really be a problem when a 5 year old iPhone can multitask easily while this fresh android is having problems keeping apps open.
I already looked into developer mode and i'm pretty sure "discard activities" is unchecked, yet i still keep having this problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Huawei tends to be overly aggressive with RAM management. Look at pg 82 of the manual: HUAWEI Mate 10. Is your Dropzone set to manage apps aggressively? If so, turn that off. Also, look elsewhere in the system settings to see if there's anything else about "app optimization" or "device maintenance." These buzzwords tend to include "cleaning RAM," which is generally not necessary with modern Android devices (and in fact can actually impact performance and battery usage).

And of course, if you have any 3rd party RAM cleaners installed, get rid of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress