Why wont pixel 2 save my notification preferences?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Been using pixel 2 for almost 3 months now. I had set my WhatsApp notifications to NO POP UP and NO SOUND ... But today all of a sudden my WhatsApp messages started popping up and making sound...I again turned it off but it doesn't save ...still the same thing...I've repeated it so many times each time the in-app settings keep switching to PLAY SOUND and in settings>apps & notifications the notification for messages keeps getting enables with URGENT PRIORITY!! Its really annoying I can't get it to shut up

nattynoonooz

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
OMG the same thing has happened to me. its really grating on me now. i'm on the verge of putting it back in its box and using my old samsung. I hope someone figures this out because its driving me mad.

moaazkhan

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Yup still the same, I have cleared the cache but no change. For now I'm living without WhatsApp notifications coz I disabled them altogether, I tried enabling them again with my original preferences but it resulted in the same bug, kept enabling the sound and pop-up.

shadrach808

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Same thing here.
Pixel 2.
Samsung S7 was working great. As soon as I switched to this phone I can't set the notifications how i'd prefer them.
When i customize them they revert to whatever they want- something loud- as soon as the first message comes in. So I just blocked all WA notifications in the android system settings.
I cleared all cache/system files and uninstalled. Same result.
Reset all android app preferences. Same result.
Contacted WA support. They just provide general troubleshooting tips.

Any other ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
An old thread, but if anyone has an older version of the app backed up, uninstall the current one (force stop, clear cache, clear data, uninstall), then install the backup, and turn automatic update for WhatsApp off (in Play). It's a temporary fix, but it will stop the problem until the developers fix it. (I'd post one for download, but I've never installed it.)

shadrach808

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
WORKAROUND!!

Somebody from What's App finally told me no android notification profiles are supported other than High or Urgent.
So what you do is set it to High then modify the settings under that profile and the preferences within WA.
Working fine for me now!

urbantea

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
shadrach808,

Where do I set the preferences to high? i can't find it. Please give step by step pls.

I've looked in settings/app/wahtsapp

and i've looked in whatsapp/settings itself...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty