Why weird contact suggestions appear in recipient box in text messages?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Whenever I try to do a forward of a text message, as I type out the name of the person in the recipient area (btw I am using the "Messages" default app of the phone. I have a Samsung J3 Eclipse) , some type of random number suggestions appear below (as in for ex: The contact name and his/her phone number - then below another option of random numbers) every time and IT IS NOT EVEN the person's phone number! This is happening for every contact name that I write in the recipient box.

What I seemed to notice is that those random numbers relate to the "smart dialer" or or I think its called the "T9" feature like for ex: Aurelia would appear with 2873542 connecting each letter to her name.. But it does not help to have that in the MESSAGES APP because it does not lead me to her contact number

I have spoken with Verizon, Samsung, Google and nobody can provide an answer how to remove this feature that I DO NOT need. They say it is a default feature of the phone and I cannot remove it but it is not helpful at all to have that there because it already caused me to send a text message to those weird numbers and now I have to take time to be careful what I choose. It is disturbing that this is happening and it does not facilitate my usage of text messages.

Please if someone can provide me a solution on how to remove this weird number suggestions . I wish to keep using this default Messaging app since I like the voice recording feature without having to press my finger as other apps require me to do so & I use a lot the voice to text feature as well.

If this is a feature that I just need to accept then I wish to get my word out that it is NOT helpful at all and I demand that it be removed for next updates please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty