My Phone Is Capitalizing Every Word

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I got the latest update to my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 a few days ago and now it will not stop capitalizing every word I type. Sometimes It Might start off normal or change throughout what I'm typing but it's super annoying. I'm Using The Samsung Keyboard And I've Tried Turning Off Auto Caps But It Still Capitalized Everything. Does Anyone Have a fix for this? I'm Tired Of Having Everything I Type Look Like A Book Title. :(

David Frank2

Feb 7, 2018
Visit site
Switch to Gboard. For the moment that is the only option available to me.
I'm surprised Samsung hasn't been more responsive though. It is obvious this is a real issue and the official channels haven't addressed it at all. Even if to say they are looking into it.

dyounes49

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
I'm Having The Same Problem on my note 8 since the update. If I backspace for any reason it stops doing it. I did use swype. Not That It Helps As Others Have Tried It But I couldn't even find where Auto Cap is in my phone. Where Is It? Hope They Fix This Soon! Super Annoying!

Suzanne Bertussi

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem when using Swype and when texting normally. I went to Samsung Apps on my phone, then checked for updates. Apparently they are aware of it, because I had an update available for the keyboard. I installed it and I'm back to normal...well, my phone is...

Alfredo L Munet

Feb 13, 2018
Visit site
My phone is a Note 8 and I'm experiencing the same thing. And likewise, it started after the last System update. It is so annoying when you text using swype on all apps. Please fix this and put it back the way it was!!!

EllCee28

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
I haven't had any more problems with it after I followed these simple steps.

Go To:

Settings;

General Management;

Language and Input;

On-screen keyboard;

Samsung keyboard;

About Samsung Keyboard; and finally,

Update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members