Cant get my Alcatel to update the software after getting new simcard from Tracfone.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I lost my alcatel when it was turned into the lost and found it was severely screwed up.I talked to Tracfone they sent me a new simcard and I spent several trying to get it to give me service,So no phone service. I am on my wifi and it d/led some program material to the phone and it says i am connected but says it wishes to update but won't allow me to says it has been reset so log in.I have spent hours changing the password on my account and I can log into it through chrome on my computer but the phone will not accept my new password it keeps asking for my original synced info which is no longer available.So no phone,no update no luck getting it to accept my new info which is more secure than what I originally logged in with anyway.How do I solve this becuse so far no phone service which is my main reason for the alcatel in the first place.Help please!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Alcatel phone do you have? In what way was it severely screwed up? What "program material" did you download?

Are you saying that now, whenever you try to power the phone on, you get stuck on a password screen? Is it asking for a phone PIN/password, or your Google password?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo