Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot not detected by laptop but detected by other devices

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Nokia 3 Wi-Fi hotspot is not showing up in available Wi-Fi networks list in my hp-1000 laptop. All other mobile devices hotspot networks and other available Wi-Fi networks are appearing fine in available Wi-Fi list of networks in my laptop. Therefore, clearly, the problem is not with the laptop. Also my Nokia 3 Wi-Fi hotspot is detected fine by other devices.

1. The problem was resolved initially by turning ON and OFF the Aeroplane Mode and then turning ON the Wi-Fi hotspot. Doing this shows the Wi-Fi hotspot in my laptop (It starts appearing in Wi-Fi networks list).

2. Also by changing Network Name and security password from hotspot settings sometimes resolves the problem.

3. Also using some of third party applications for Secure Wi-Fi hotspot also resolved the problem.

But now none of these solutions are working anymore.

Sometimes, still Nokia 3 Wi-Fi hotspot starts appearing in my laptop available Wi-Fi networks if I try some of above solutions. But it has become sort of moody now.

P.S. I have reinstalled windows and latest network drivers in my laptop. Also reset networks and factory reset Nokia 3. None of these works. The problem may have appeared after Nougat 7.1.1 update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non