Problem with factory resetting and trojan after attempted root

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm using a lg g3 990 model and I attempted multiple roots using various methods. I think at one point I decided my version was patched and attempted a flash using a program I believe infected my computer and phone. I believe my phone has a Trojan or something because every time I delete all the data from the settings menu a few days after I start noticing the WiFi automatically connecting just for a second even when the phone is in airplane mode and WiFi turned off. It also will glitch out the background leaving a black wallpaper along with it connects to various internet sites in the background (I saw them using an internet tracker) all seeming sketchy (None of which I have visited or wish to). Anyway I've ran virus scanners and Malawarebytes and they didn't find anything. I've tried hard resetting many times and the phone maybe glitches out and boots up normally instead. I've decided that the problem must be in the ROM because the problem keeps occurring and prevents the hard reset screen. I believe trying to flash the ROM again might work but I'm scared because of last time I tried. At this point I don't care about the files on the phone and would just like to use my phone normally again.

-Sincerely,

A Concerned User

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You're probably going to have to reflash the ROM. Search in here for the LG program you'll need (I deleted it when I no longer had any LG phones) and the Sprint ROM. Once you've done that, start over, installing your apps from the Play store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana