Will I still be able to fix my phone?

Pizzaa

Apr 11, 2018
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Samsung Note II and recently whenever I try to boot my phone it opens a screen that says "Downloading please do not turn off target"
What can I do to fix my phone or will I have to send it to repairs

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long have you had your Note II? I'm not an expert, but if that message keeps coming up after you power off your device, your phone could be in some form of bootloop. I'd recommend contacting Samsung customer support to see if they know what is happening to your phone. They may suggest getting a new phone - and that may be a good option for you; especially if fixing it may be more of a financial commitment than buying a new device.

Please keep us posted on what happens!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You're booting into the download partition, which means that the rest of the firmware in the phone is either so corrupted that it can't boot, or the hardware went (the part of the eMMC storage that the main ROM partition was on). Try reflashing the ROM (see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN If you can get to the download screen, you can flash a ROM.) If it works, you have your phone back. If it doesn't, you'll know that you need a new motherboard, which probably wouldn't pay for a Note 2 (There are AT&T, Sprint and unlocked [meaning AT&T or T-Mobile] versions available on swappa.com - the Sprint for $50, the others for about $100.)