How can I free up data on an Honor 6A's internal memory?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have removed all apps, no images or music is stored internally, it's just the firmware taking up the space. I can't root it seemingly as this model isn't supported so I can't really move apps onto the SD. Any other ideas that I may not have found online yet?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Moving apps to SD isn't - you only move small pieces of apps to SD, and leave a link to where on the SD card that piece is - in internal storage. If the piece that gets moved (and "moving" an app means moving lots of small pieces) is smaller than the link, you've just decreased the amount of free storage.

2. Rooting isn't "supported" or "not supported", some good software developer has to find a way to force the particular model phone, running the particular version of Android, into a temporarily rooted condition, so it can be permanently rooted. (Rooting requires that the phone is rooted - it's a catch 22 situation.) Evidently no one has found any way to obtain temporary root on that phone running that version of Android yet.

3. Unless you have a ton of stuff installed - apps, music, videos, etc., 32GB is more than enough storage space. The largest firmware I've ever heard of is way under 9GB.

So evidently you have something else wrong, or you have a lot of things still stored on the phone. (You've restarted it since removing everything, right?)