Hi,

Anyone know how to hardwire my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to my network using an ethernet adapter or something else that will allow me to plug this phone directly into my network and turn off its WiFi?

I want my phone's WiFi turned off and yet still have it able to access the internet via a hardwired, ethernet, connection.

I tried using plugable's MN: USB2-OTGE100 "USB 2.0 OTG Micro-B Ethernet Adapter 10/100Mbps" but it did not work.

I've read about others rooting/jail-breaking their phones but not only do I not know how to do this, I really don't want to.

Thanks.
    05-26-2018 05:54 PM
    This article contains some potentially useful information:

How to Connect a Android to a Wired Ethernet Connection | WirelesSHack

Perhaps Samsung is one of those companies that didn't include the necessary hardware and/or driver support for Ethernet access. It wouldn't surprise me, honestly, as I've never even considered this, nor has anyone else (as far as I know) asked this question in these forums. It's just not a common-enough use case, I'd bet.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-26-2018 07:49 PM
    You'll need an OTG adapter (or cable) and a USB to Ethernet adapter. And the phone has to be rooted. See

05-28-2018 10:15 PM