Google Saved Image Location?

Drofidnas

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi

I've searched for the answer to this and found the same question but not a satisfactory answer.

When I use Google to search for an image, and go to the Images tab, I can long press and download the image. It downloads. I see the icon in the status bar.

From the notification shade I can then view the image. Three dots and Info gives me a file location, well the last few parts of the file structure, "/document/nnnn" where nnnn is a sequential number. If I search for all or part of this sting in file manager I get nothing. I've searched in hidden and system files in various file manager apps but get no results so where the hell is the file?

I'm on a Oneplus 5 if that makes any difference.

Any clue?

Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180606-031849.jpg
    Screenshot_20180606-031849.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a strange Google idiosyncrasy, but images saved using the Google app do not go to a user-accessible directory -- the /document directory is a protected system directory. If you want to be able to manipulate the downloaded image, use Chrome instead to go to Google.com. Images downloaded from the Google website on Chrome will go to the /Download directory, which is user-accessible.