Best phone for Apps on WiFi only (phone service NOT needed)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I would like a recommendation for what device will work best for use on a Wi-Fi network only to run one app... GoCanvas. Do NOT need or want to connect any cell network. Need a decent size screen & good camera. Will any refurbished phone work? Does it matter if the phone is "unlocked" or not?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Unlocking allows you to use a SIM card that's not from the carrier the phone's locked to. Since you're not going to be using a SIM card (you're not getting telephone service) that doesn't matter to you. About all that matters is which carrier puts the most garbage on the phone (the more garbage, the less free space to install apps and store data).

I'd look at reviews for screen appearance (brilliant, muddy, etc., can it be seen in sunlight [if that matters to you], and the ability to use an SD card if you're going to be storing a lot of information from GoCanvas. Choose a known manufacturer (Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc., so if something goes wrong, you can get it fixed.) And I'd look for a phone with a replaceable battery. Batteries go. Replacing a $15 in 2 minutes is a lot easier and cheaper than sending the phone out for 2 weeks and spending $60 for the manufacturer to replace it.

But they all work on wifi - that's not an issue.

Refurb? Before you buy a refurb, watch Refurbished phones. Jenna's been repairing phones for a while, and knows what she's talking about. (I'd give you my own opinion - I just owned a few cellphone stores that did repairs - but I'm not on YouTube, subject to being called wrong, so watch her instead. [And she's nicer looking than I am.]) But bottom line? I wouldn't take a refurb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87