Since latest OS upgrade some apps now make audible notification

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

surprised I cant see anything about this but my phone is only set to make sound from a limited number of apps

since the latest upgrade, the phone is going off at all times of day and night (i need the phone on as I am on call)

the notifications come from all sorts of apps that I am not interested in receiving notifications for. I turn them off and then another one pops up

anyone else seen this or has knowledge of a fix (i have a lot of apps)
thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes manufacturers reset manual settings in apps on an update. (They're actually issuing a new version of the app, because the previous version won't run on the updated version of Android - but the update doesn't check the already-installed version to see if things like notifications are turned off.) So you have to go to each one of those apps and turn off notifications.

LeeB123

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
This is happening to me since the android update a couple of days ago!! And nothing i do will change it. In fact selecting the notification sound button in andriod settings not takes me to file manager , not to the sound setting. This is a bug in the latest upgrade. Very frustrating, i will now have to turn my phone totally off at work.