Wrong battery message after phone caught in the rain

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Samsung Android phone turns on but when I plug it in to charge it the message "wrong battery, shutting down" pops up. The phone got wet in a rain storm. How to fix?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You could try drying out the phone but you've already "violated" the first few suggestions in our guide on what to do if your phone gets wet so you may be SOL at this point, unless you seek professional help but even they might not be of much help.

Here's the guide - https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...os/477140-guide-oh-no-my-phone-got-wet-3.html

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since, if the phone got wet inside, you've already electrocuted it, try using a hair dryer or some other fairly strong source of airflow with no heat to blow out the USB port. After it appears completely dry, keep blowing it for another 5 minutes. Then plug in the charger and if it still says "wrong battery", quickly unplug the charger and start saving up for a new phone. (Unless this one is fairly new and it pays to repair it. At the very least it's going to need a new motherboard and a new softykey board.)