my samsung galaxy grand 2 is rooted

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

my samsung galaxy grand 2 is rooted its not allowing amy app to install and unable to update software please help me !!!!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't update a rooted phone (depending on what was done while it was rooted, an update could turn the phone into an expensive paperweight), but only a very few apps won't install to rooted phones, like some banking apps, for security reasons. (A rooted phone is considered a security risk - and it is if you don't fully understand what you're doing.) Are you sure you mean "rooted"? That's something that doesn't just happen (it's almost impossible to root a phone, which is why some phones take many months until someone figures out an exploit to use to root the particular phone), it's something you did yourself - deliberately.

If that's what happened, that you rooted the phone, back up everything, (Backing up an Android Device) then reflash the stock ROM ([Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN). Then see if you can find a rooting method for that Grand 2 running that new version of Android. then restore from your backup.

If not, register an account here so you can continue the conversation here, instead of starting a new one every time you post., and let us know exactly what happened to put the phone into the state it's in that doesn't allow it to install apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa