why does my phone have a greyish screen overlay on all screens?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

why does my phone have a greyish screen overlay on all screens? When I turn on the phone or it has sat unused for a little while the screen looks like it has a grey color overlay on most of the screen there is a small strip at the top that is normal. I can still go to apps but each page opens with the grey overlay. After a while the grey overlay disappears and everything looks normal. This just appeared 2 days ago. No updates were done prior to this, it just started one morning when I picked up the phone after not using it overnight.

Bee On Thyme

Mar 20, 2022
Visit site
I came here looking for an answer to this same question. The grey overlay that covers 9/10ths of the screen. Did anyone answer the question? I don't have it all the time. Plus I have found the grey screen to flicker on and off frequently. I deleted many photos and texts and apps and that works for awhile. Sometimes I think it is a Verizon or Samsung company issue, my phone being difficult because the company wants to see me get an upgrade. Conspiracy theory ha.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I came here looking for an answer to this same question. The grey overlay that covers 9/10ths of the screen. Did anyone answer the question? I don't have it all the time. Plus I have found the grey screen to flicker on and off frequently. I deleted many photos and texts and apps and that works for awhile. Sometimes I think it is a Verizon or Samsung company issue, my phone being difficult because the company wants to see me get an upgrade. Conspiracy theory ha.
Which Samsung phone do you have? What version of Android is it running? How long have you had it?