My Android phone battery is draining along with my mobile data.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an Android Samsung S7 Edge . I recently had 13 gigs of mobile data used in one day. When I went under mobile data used, it showd that Google "Photos" used all the data. And my battery is draining 10% every 20 minutes. When I go under "device maintenance", then click on "storage", then "clean now", I see this Chinese writing but I can only assume is a virus. After hitting "clean now" my battery returns to normal and doesn't run out quickly until I either reboot the phone or turn on Mobile or Wi-Fi data then this virus seems to start back up again. I've tried multiple malware and virus skins and nothing is being detected. Anybody have this issue or can help me with this? Thank you so much!
I have an Android Samsung S7 Edge . I recently had 13 gigs of mobile data used in one day. When I went under mobile data used, it showd that Google "Photos" used all the data. And my battery is draining 10% every 20 minutes. When I go under "device maintenance", then click on "storage", then "clean now", I see this Chinese writing but I can only assume is a virus. After hitting "clean now" my battery returns to normal and doesn't run out quickly until I either reboot the phone or turn on Mobile or Wi-Fi data then this virus seems to start back up again. I've tried multiple malware and virus skins and nothing is being detected. Anybody have this issue or can help me with this? Thank you so much!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Make sure Google Photos is set to backup only on wi-fi: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en. If you have it set to backup on mobile data, and if you have a huge amount of photos to backup, that will eat up a lot of mobile data.

What's the exact model number of the phone? Do you know if it was intended for a Chinese market? The "phone cleaner" part of the Device Maintenance feature is usually powered by one of those terrible companies like Cheetah Mobile or 360 Security (both of which are Chinese). If the phone was intended for the Chinese market, it may be that their phone cleaner software defaults to Chinese.

To get a better idea of what's causing your battery drain, charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html
You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non