Tablet reduces charging rate.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My tablet (Cube T10M with android 6) used to be able to run any game no matter how graphically intensive it was without any issues while charging and the battery % still went up. Now I can barely charge my tablet (can charge around 30% over night). I installed ampere to try and figure out the problem. I tried different sockets, different usb cables and different power adaptors nd the issues still remains. When I plug in my tblet to get it charged ampere shows a charging rate of approximately 470 mA. Then the charging rate slowly geos down from 470 mA to 450 mA all the way to 50 mA. Then it just charges my tablet at a rate of 50 mA. If I unplug my tablet and plug it back the process just restarts starting at 470 mA and slowly going down. I had the tablet for almost a year now.

My theory is that the tablet thinks its at 100% and slows down the charging rate on purpose. Also the problem might be because I used to use my tablet to play intensive games at 100% battery while charging at the same time.

Any help or advice will be very appreciated.

Thank you for the help.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My theory is that the tablet thinks its at 100% and slows down the charging rate on purpose.

That actually isn't far from the likely truth. Judging by how you mentioned running up to 100% AND playing games with it plugged in once chill, I'm guessing you've been abusing the battery whether you know it or not. That causes accelerated wear and one of the symptoms is increased internal resistance. If the resistance is high enough, it will have the effect of reduced charging rates like you've seen. So it's not so much that the phone thinks the battery is full, but rather it's having trouble paying through the increased resistance.

How's your battery life between charges? If that's considerably less than it use to be, that would be another clue that the battery is due for replacement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez