Can't use Android Auto on my Samsung A5

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am using the Samsung A5 (2016) phone from May 2017. In June 2017, I installed Android Auto (downloaded from apkmirror or good programs) which I connected with Ford Sync3 in Ford Mondeo (2017). Everything worked properly until August of this year (2018), when the application stopped working while driving. I have not been able to restore it since then. I was looking for answers on forums, but I found nothing (apart from the rudimentary information that such problems appeared in others' devices). Currently, when I download the installation file, I can not install it, because I get a message saying that the application "is not compatible with your phone" .... I tried to remove the app and install earlier versions - I even went back 2.7 but it did not help, because even if it installed, it immediately force me to update the version, and here the problem starts again. I do not know what I can do, please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is there a reason you can't install it from the Play Store? It's hard to pinpoint issues that might arise from an apk file. Maybe it's not updating appropriately for your phone (which wouldn't be the case if you installed it from the Play Store).

R Lee

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem on the A5. It was working fine then suddenly one day, Android Auto doesn't even appear on my car display. When I plug the cord in, it says it's incompatible. Samsung Support tells me it may have to do with a patch update and my best bet is to do a factory re-set...meaning I need to backup everything since all my data will be wiped out. Not exactly the solution I was looking for. I wasn't even given assurances that this will fix the problem either. *sigh*. I'll prob just wait until I get a new phone rather than have to go through all this trouble.