Samsung Galaxy S9 cursor jumping

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm having an issue a Google search can't resolve.

On my Samsung Galaxy S9 I frequently have a problem while typing emails or texts where the cursor jumps back in the sentence or sometimes to the beginning of the paragraph.

Adding complexity is that my current S9 is my second one and it was happening on my old one, too.

It is getting REALLY frustrating.

Everything is stock. It is happening in gmail, bluemail, samsung texting app, and Verizon Messanger+. Not sure where else.

Any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try installing a different keyboard (I like SwiftKey Keyboard). If that stops it, it's the Samsung keyboard app. (There are a lot of them you can install - or you can keep insisting that they replace the phone until you get one that works. Whether it's a large retailer, a carrier or an online seller, if they get enough phones returned, they carry some weight with Samsung - carriers more than others.)

cable2001

Nov 21, 2018
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try that. I did try the Google keyboard and I can't remember if it still happened but I didn't like it so uninstalled it. I'm trying swiftkey but got off to a bad start when it promptly crashed after installing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38