Wifi keeps disconnecting

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Since some days my phone is having wifi problems. When I turn it on the wifi works normally for a while, but then it disconnects. If I try to reconnect, it says authentication error. The only way I have to make it work is restarting the phone or activating plane mode and then activating wifi again.
Any solution?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Try in safe mode to see if it stays on. 3rd party apps you install can turn off your wifi.
I recently discovered a battery widget with a buried setting for shutting down the wifi. There are quite a few more.

Dingydroid

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue.
It happens on different wifi networks and not always. Sometimes reboot of the phone works and sometimes turning Flight mode on/off. And sometimes turning of the bluetooth works.
But today I had to reboot the phone and after that I had to even select 'Forget' for the WIFI network that it was constantly disconnecting from and enter the credentials(WPA key) again.
See screenshot with the error Android 7 gives.
I get the feeling that it has to do with the fact that Android can not read/decrypt/pass-on the saved WIFI credentials(WPA key or user name password)
Screenshot_20181124-095043 small.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87