• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Forgot password pin an cant get into phone. Need to know how to reset phone

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
The reason it's difficult to bypass the pin is to deter thieves from stealing your phone. Without the pin the phone has no value and just becomes a paper weight. Sleep on it and you may then remember the pin. Good luck.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The only possible solution that doesn't involve wiping your phone would be if you had a Samsung phone and were able to remotely change your PIN using Find My Mobile
@B. Diddy is of course correct, and this is why we ask questioners to give full details when framing their question, which you have not done. It is tedious for members to mention every time the exclusions, ifs, buts and conditionals when answering, so an incomplete question will tend to receive an an incomplete answer.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Consider it a computer should be a retort. Does anyone go on the Microsoft board and ever say 'I forgot my password, how do I bypass it? No, of course not, unless they simply don't understand the device they bought and use. That is the case on a near daily basis on the Android board. Ignorance is bliss.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Part of the problem is that smartphones have become so common and almost banal for the average user that they tend to get treated like a fashion accessory rather than a powerful computer with lots of sensitive information on it. Some people just don't pay as much attention to security on their phones as they should, and this is the result.:-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wongcheng