Factory Reset my girlfriends old phone. Now I cant log in to gmail to set it up

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an LG K350nds that my girlfriend left for me to use.
The plan was to set it up as a second phone for me.
I figured I'd do a factory reset to clear off all her data, so I could start fresh.
Did that, but when I try to login to my gmail account during setup it gives this error message:

"Unable to sign in to device due to unknown error. Please try another account or try to sign in again in 24 hours"

First time I did it, I got a security alert email from google asking about the new device. I clicked that it was Ok. But I still cant login on the LG phone. Literally doesnt let me do anything.

I googled around a bit and it said sometimes it needs to wait 72 hours. Its been over 72 hours since I got the warning email from google, and still nothing.

Any advice or help getting this setup would be much appreciated! I'm tired of swapping out the SIM card on my other phone!

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That sounds like Factory Reset Protection. Since your girlfriend probably didn't remove her Google account from the phone before you reset it, it's probably expecting her Google account and password in order to complete the factory reset. Ask her.

4thgenlude

Nov 27, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That sounds like Factory Reset Protection. Since your girlfriend probably didn't remove her Google account from the phone before you reset it, it's probably expecting her Google account and password in order to complete the factory reset. Ask her.

Ok thanks. I asked and she doesnt know her password. Not surprised ...

I'll talk with her tomorrow and talk her through finding the saved passwords on Chrome.

I wish the LG site I read when I found instructions on how to Factory Reset would've mentioned that. I could've just deleted all the apps and signed out of her accounts and been fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87